The 2018 ISME World Conference Organizing Committee invites musical ensembles of all
specialties of music to submit applications to perform during the Conference. Concerts performed by ensembles are extremely important as a way to share the music of different genres, styles and cultures during the Conference.
• Deadline for applications: November 15th 2017
• Successful participants will be notified by: February 15th 2018
All applicants will have to provide all necessary information in an electronic form,
available on the Baku World Conference Website.
Applicants are also required to prepare a high-quality digital video recording of a
recent performance (2014-2017), upload it onto YouTube (or any other popular digital
video streaming technology), and provide the link to the video content in the
application form. The duration of the recording should be about 15-20 minutes.
Directors of selected groups, or at least one person from each performance group,
must be members of ISME for the biennium 2017-2018. The ISME member is the person who will need to submit the application. Groups selected to perform assume responsibility for all financial arrangements to support the group's expenses.
Successful applicants may be offered one or two performances within the Conference.
Performance time for each concert is 20-25 minutes, with five minutes to change the
stage for the next group. Selected groups must be available to perform at the times assigned. Special requests for particular performance slots/times will not be accepted.
The selection of Performing Groups will be made in accordance with ISME policies
on musical and cultural diversity, and aims to offer delegates the opportunity to
broaden their musical experience.
In deciding on the performance groups:
- The number of local and international performing groups selected depends not only on their quality, but on available venues and performance opportunities;
- Priority will be given to demonstrably high standard amateur groups, young/learning performers and groups working in, or emerging from, an educational context;
- Selection of the groups will be based, according to the aims of the conference, on high standards, diversity of repertoire and geographical representation.
As requirements may differ from country to country, it is important that the Director
should check details as soon as possible. Additional information regarding visa requirements can be found in the Baku World Conference webpage.
Travel arrangements & insurance
ISME regrets that it cannot help with any travel or accommodation requirements for groups accepted to perform at the conference – all financial and logistical arrangements are the responsibility of the group. It is also the responsibility of the individuals travelling with your group, to ensure that they are covered by adequate travel insurance.
For further information, please contact the Conference Office:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org