Turkish Airlines is the official airline of “33rd World Conference of the International Society for Music Education”
and special discounts are offered on certain booking classes. In order to proceed with the online booking tool for Turkish Conventions please visit the Turkish Conventions website https://www4.thy.com/TKC/app/main?language=en
and use the event code “018TKM18”
under delegate section.
- Baku Heydar Aliyev airport is a relatively small but very modern international airport served by numerous different international airlines.
Travelling from the Europe and the Americas
- The national airline “Azerbaijan Airlines” - AZAL, www.azal.az. operates flights through Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport and other airports in the country. The route network from AZAL is quite extensive including European cities (Barcelona, Berlin, London (Heathrow), Milan, Paris and Prague); a few other major destinations (Beijing, Dubai, New York); and capitals of CIS countries (Aktau, Kiev, Mineral Waters, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Tbilisi, as well as Turkey, Dubai, Kabul, Istanbul, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Urumqi).
- Many of the leading European airlines also fly to Baku. For Europe try Air France, AirBaltic or Lufthansa via Frankfurt.
- Turkish Airlines offers connections across the globe via Istanbul from Baku, Ganja and Nakhchivan.
- From Baku, extensive world links are also possible on Aeroflot via Moscow.
Travelling from Asia /Oceania
- Both Dubai and Doha serve as hubs for travel onto Baku. Emirates www.emirates.com through its regional carrier flydubai www.flydubai.com offers several Dubai-Baku flights per day while Qatar Airways (www.qatarairways.com) also offers direct flights from Doha to Baku. Both these airlines service most major Asian, Australian and New Zealand airports destinations around the world (www.qatarairways.com) making the trip to Baku an easy one.
Transfer from the airport into Baku center
The route from the airport into the city is via a dual-carriage highway and traffic jams are rare. You will spend on average 25-30 minutes to get from the centre of Baku to the airport and a taxi costs 20-25 euros.
Rail transport is not well developed in Azerbaijan and is not particularly fast or modern.
- It is possible to use routes such as Tbilisi-Baku, Baku-Tumen, Rostov-Baku, Baku-Kharkov, etc.
- More information about the routes and train schedules is available at www.railway.gov.az
The fare on the public transport buses in the capital is 0.2 euros.
- You can travel between Baku and regions of Azerbaijan on buses and minibuses.
- The fare on the bus from Baku to Zagatala is 7 euros, Shaki is 5 euros, Lahij is 4 euros.
- The cost of travel and the schedule of the buses in all directions within the country can be found at this link.
- The rates and schedule of buses of Baku International Bus Station can be found at this link.
- Baku International Bus Station is located at the entrance to the capital.
- Underground or on public transport buses (No.197, 116, 90). The bus No.90 goes from the bus station to the centre of the capital.
The main taxis in Baku are purple London cabs - the locals call them “eggplants”. Five passengers can travel in these cars, and, instead of the front passenger seat there is a luggage area. These taxis operate strictly on a meter and charge around 4 cents per km. To use the “London” taxis call Baku Taxi Company on short code * 9000.
- The fastest way of moving around Baku is by underground. The fare on the underground is 20 kopecks (0.2 euros).
- Baku underground is a celebration of design and architecture but photography inside the system is prohibited. One of the best stations is “Nizami” - named after the famous Azerbaijani poet. The station is one of the most beautiful in the Baku metropolitan. The underground hall was decorated with a mosaic portrait of Nizami Ganjavi and panels on the topic of his works, authored by the People's Artist of the USSR Mikail Abdullayev.
- More information about the history, activities and acces to the Baku metropolitan is vailable at metro.gov.az, presented in three languages - Azerbaijani, Russian and English.
- Almost all international rental agencies have representative offices at Baku airport. Rental costs about 50 USD per day for a sedan. Cars can be rented with a driver or without.
- In general, travelling across the country is easy, the country is relatively small and you can reach everywhere quite quickly. Along the roads are numerous snackbars, where for 5-8 euros per person you can eat incredibly hearty and delicious meal with plenty of meat dishes.